Postgraduate Diploma in Event, Sport & Entertainment Administration or in Sport Administration a Glion – SvizzeraNon ancora recensito.
Glion Institute of Higher Education Intakes: January and July of each year. Accreditation: New England Association of Schools and Colleges. Recognition: Swiss Cantonal Authorities Les Roches International School of Hotel Management and Glion Institute of Higher Education ranked among world’s leading hospitality management schools for an international career. The Postgraduate curriculum is designed for career-changers […]
- Inizio14 Jan 2013
- Iscrizioni entro31 Oct 2012
- FrequenzaFull Time
Glion Institute of Higher Education
Intakes: January and July of each year.
Accreditation: New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
Recognition: Swiss Cantonal Authorities Les Roches International School of Hotel Management and Glion Institute of Higher Education ranked among world’s leading hospitality management schools for an international career.
The Postgraduate curriculum is designed for career-changers or students who need to gain the basic administrative skills for hospitality operations. Additionally, students take a wide variety of courses for the general business management practices in event, sport & entertainment.
Students have the following two choices:
– Postgraduate Diploma in Event, Sport and Entertainment Administration or in Sport Administration (PGD);
– Postgraduate Higher Diploma in Event, Sport and Entertainment Management or in Sport Management (PGHD).
The postgraduate program is specifically designed to meet the needs of the graduate and/or mature student looking to change career and enter the event, sport and entertainment industries. Students are able to design their own learning program which recognizes their previous experience and career goals.
By the end of the program, students will be able to:
- Evaluate the industry in its broader sense allowing for the development of strategies to create business opportunities.
- Develop personal capacities for reflective and critical thinking within an operational context.
- Interpret situations and apply knowledge, competencies and tactics necessary to manage service expectations from a wildly diverse customer base.
- Apply their understanding of general management concepts and practical skills to the workplace.
- Identify the employment sector of the industry where they would be most suited and where their personalities and skills could be best applied.
Glion’ Career Development & Industry Placement office assists you, as a student, to secure appropriate positions in the Event, Sport and Entertainment industry and to provide you with administrative support. Our counselors have extensive knowledge of the hospitality sector which will help you to find the best career options to reach your goals.
During the semester that precedes an internship, each student receives full support in their internship, management training or job search at Glion.
From company recruitment visits on campus, to our list of offers that is updated daily, you will have a full range of opportunities to enhance your career path within the international hospitality industry.
We also give students professional guidance and support in recruitment aspects, such as:
- CV writing;
- Interview and presentation skills;
- Job/Internship market research (industry job portal, social networking via Lindekin and Facebook);
- Contract writing and salary expectations.
The CDIP office maintains a strong relationship with the industry, which is the core of our expertise and success. Over 25 companies are invited on campus to recruit their future leaders each semester.
We are constantly growing our portfolio with new hospitality companies to ensure that students will get the largest range and opportunities in the industry.
- ESE Cranft-based-learning;
- Managing performance and participation;
- Operational event planning;
- Managing events;
- Safe working practices;
- Business Planning;
- Services marketing;
- Customer services;
- Principles of strategic management;
- People management;
- Cost, price and revenue management;
- Basic finance;
- Management finance;
- French, German or Spanish;
Bachelor Degree holders (laureati); High School diploma holders (diplomati) with 3 years of work experience.
formazione in aula + stage
Postgraduate students generally undertake one Internship that lasts a minimum of four months and takes place in the hospitality industry. As students in this program are more mature in nature due to their background and previous education, they will generally be given an administrative, supervisory, or training position with, if possible, exposure to a variety of operating departments in a Swiss or international hotel or other hospitality establishment. The supervisor will work with students in order to incorporate the knowledge and skills they will have already acquired during their 2 semesters of classroom and craft-based-learning experience on campus.
Students with professional experience and no bachelor degree will be awarded a “Professional Development Diploma” in place of the Postgraduate Diploma or a “Professional Development Higher Diploma” in place of the Postgraduate Higher Diploma”.
Must hold a Bachelor Degree (laurea triennale o magistrale) or have 3 years of documented work experience. Non degree holders will receive a Professional Development Diploma. English level B2, please enclose one of the following; Cambridge First Certificate B; I.E.L.T.S. 5.5 in listening, reading, writing, speaking; Toefl IBT 61 points.
The fees include tuition only. Accommodation, meals, books, materials and uniforms can be provided by the school.
April 2012 for the summer intake – October 2012 for the winter intake
Inizio: July 2012 – January 2013
Se ne parla nel forum: TESTIMONIANZE E DISCUSSIONI
Richiedi maggiori informazioni a Laureate Hospitality Education